Third Door Media, the parent company of MarTech Today, is currently looking for a seasoned storyteller to cover how marketing technology is changing what it means to be a marketer. We’re specifically looking for an experienced journalist with either past experience or a deep curiosity for covering this tech-enabled approach to marketing that we call MarTech. This is also a forever-remote position.
What you will do
As an editor of MarTech Today, your main responsibility is to create a range of journalistic content that includes:
- Well-reported features
- Enterprising news articles
- Daily newsletters
- Moderated video panels
- Conference presentations (live or virtual)
- Collections and packages
- Content promoting editorial projects
What you won’t do
MarTech Today’s purpose is to create deeply informative and educational content that helps our audience succeed. That means you won’t be spending your days rewriting press release and newswire content.
Who we serve
Today’s marketers wear many hats, from the digital marketers leveraging automation and content management applications to deliver campaigns, the marketing operations pros who orchestrate those systems for their organization, the data analysts who measure effectiveness, and the citizen developers who create new applications by leveraging software, apps and other no-code solutions. MarTech Today is focused on informing supporting, elevating and convening all of them through best-in-class content and experiences.
Who we are looking for
While past experience covering these topics for a news or content marketing department is a plus, we know that any hard-charging reporter who knows the craft can learn a new beat, so it’s not a prerequisite. Instead, the perfect candidate is someone who:
- Is endlessly curious
- Empathizes with our audience’s problems
- Is a strong writer who holds the clarity and impact of a piece above flowery language, Oxford commas and whether it follows AP style, etc.
- Knows how to cultivate sources
- Is confident on stage or leading a video-based discussion
- Has 3-5 years experience at a digital news outfit, newspaper, B2B media brand or in-house content marketing shop
- BONUS: Experience with creating content beyond text: Video, Data viz, Infographic, etc.
If you are interested, please send me a resume and a few clips at email@example.com.